We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your favorite place in airplane and frequent flyer program information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member:
• book travel
• complete a traveler profile
• participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes
• ask us a question
• initiate other transactions on our site.
When you book a travel product through our service sites, we ask you to provide personal data, e.g. your name, your email address, phone number, billing address, payment method or credit card information, your preferred travel connection and – where applicable – information about your bonus or discount cards (e.g. mileage or frequent-flyer programmes, railway customer cards). We will only ever ask you for the data that the respective transportation provider requires to complete the booking process. Our forms show what kind of data is required for the respective booking. We cannot process your booking without provision of the required data. Credit card information will be immediately passed on to the respective payment provider. We only store truncated credit card data (e.g. “422222******1111”) for reporting purposes and fraud analysis.
We store booking-related data for a period of 10 years and thereafter keep the information required by trade and tax law for the statutory retention periods (usually ten years after the conclusion of the contract / booking). Should you additionally register for a personal profile with checki.az by creating a user account, this data will be stored with us for your future bookings
We keep your account data as long as you keep up your user account with us. If you decide to delete your account, we delete the associated data. However, potential booking data and related basic data (e.g. your name and address) will be kept as described above.
If you contact us or our customer support (e.g. by email, telephone or contact form on the website), we use the data you provided (usually your contact information and your inquiry) to respond. We keep your inquiries for a period of five year after answering. To the extent required by trade or tax law, we keep such correspondence for the statutory retention periods (usually six years)
TRAVEL COMPANION INFORMATION
When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
USING SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
In addition, if you sign up for Checkin.az using your social media account, link your Checkin.az account to your social media account, or use certain other Checkin.az social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider's policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations ("Location Data") to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the travel bookings you conduct on our site. We use other information about you for the following general purposes to:
• provide you with the products and services you request
• provide you with travel confirmation and updates
• manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications
• communicate with you in general
• respond to your questions and comments
• measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website
• notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you
• otherwise customize your experience with this website
• reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join
• solicit information from you, including through surveys
• resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
• prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a flight to Prague on our website and have saved your itinerary or otherwise not yet booked your travel, we may send you an email message reminding you about your saved travel itinerary or about a special airfare to Prgue. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
This website may share your information with the following entities:
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
• Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process
• to establish or exercise our legal rights
• to defend against legal claims;
• or as otherwise required by law.
• In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities;
• to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others;
• and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update your contact information by visiting Checkin.az Member Profile page. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity
YOUR CHOICE IN RESPECT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book travel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
• You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
• You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you.
• If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice at any time on the Member Profile page. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• You may have the opportunity on our website to provide a mobile number in order to receive day-of-travel flight alerts. You may discontinue these alerts at any time.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this site, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES ON YOUR INTERNET BROWSER
• To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
DISPLAY OF TAILORED ADVERTISING
Data collected by this website to serve you with relevant advertising. Checkin.az is committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your travel-related searches, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests.
Please note that we do not combine the information we collect about your travel-related searches on this website with personal information (such as email address) to serve you with ads across other websites. We also do not share your personal information with third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising. The advertisements you see on this website are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include:
• business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites
• advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our site, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
Data collected by companies that operate cookie-based exchanges to serve you with relevant advertising. Like other companies operating online, Checkin.az participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest (such as travel). These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our site.
USING THE CHECKIN.AZ MOBILE PHONE AND TABLET APPS (THE "MOBILE APPS")
When you use an Checkin.az Mobile App, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
• We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
• Each Mobile App also sends us the device's unique device identifier (or "UID"), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device. We use this only on the first opening of the Mobile App so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective ad banners and other marketing tools.
• When you use a Mobile App, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby hotels or airports. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. You can switch off the Mobile App’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu.
• Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
• You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
RECIPIENTS OUTSIDE OF THE EU
The data processing mentioned under Sec. I2a, I6-9, II2,3, III2,3 may result in data transmission to recipients outside of the EU. The data transmission is then based on the privacy shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome) or based on the EC model contracts (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm).
Personal information may be transferred to transportation providers located in non-EU countries, in which the travel is scheduled to take place. Checkin.az, ATSol cannot provide any further information on the level of data protection offered in third countries. Neither an adequacy decision in accordance with Art. 45 para. 3 GDPR or appropriate safeguards in accordance with Art 46 GDPR are required for the transfer as it is necessary
for the performance of a contract between you and Checkin.az, ATSol or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request (Art. 49(1)(b) GDPR); or
for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between Checkin.az, ATSOl and another natural or legal person (Art. 49(1)(c) GDPR).
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF DATA PROCESSING ON GDPR CONDITIONS
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
• Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR to enter into, perform, modify or terminate a contractual relationship with you, in particular:
o to enable your access to and visit of the website and use of the app,
o to facilitate your search queries and bookings,
o to perform our contractual obligations,
o to personalize your ticket and to contact you with regards to the booking process or your user account, for example to send you the travel documents,
o to facilitate your login on our website or the app (user account functionality), to recognize you as a user and spare you from re-entering your data upon your revisits to our sites.
• Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR based on our legitimate interests,
o to improve our website, apps and services and adapt them to the needs of our users,
o to perform internal quality checks,
o to prevent, detect, process and investigate malfunctions, incidents, fraudulent or other illegal activities, or mitigate the risk of occurrence of the aforementioned events,
o to ensure network and information security,
o to prevent fraud,
o to create statistics on access channels, the use of our website and app and the transition to our partner’s websites and services,
o for internal accounting and invoicing purposes with the respective transportation providers, partners and service providers,
o to personalize our website and offers,
o to display advertisements and special offers that may match your interests (or spare you the display of advertising and special offers which would likely not be of any interest to you),
o for marketing purposes and to optimize our marketing measures,
o to enable your interaction with social networks and other users, in order to improve our offer and make it more interesting for our users, to contact you, if requested by you or if necessary to fulfil the contract or permitted by law,
o for the purpose of business process outsourcing to affiliated companies,
o enforcing obligations owed to us, and contractual terms and conditions,
o accounting, risk management and record keeping.
• Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR based on your consent,
o to send you emails or push messages about checkin.az, status notifications, news, new functionality or offers of checkin.az third parties (e.g. travel, accommodation),
o to transfer data for certain bookings to ATSol Partners.
• Pursuant to Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR to comply with legal obligations, e.g. to observe retention periods required by trade or tax law or to comply with obligations to disclose data based on a legally binding court decision or official order.
In addition to the right to revoke your consent given to us, if applicable, you have the right to request access to (Art. 15 GDPR) and rectification (Art. 16 GDPR) or erasure (Art. 17 GDPR) of personal data or restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR), the right to object (Art. 21 GDPR) and the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
You have the right to object to all types of processing described in this privacy information that are based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, based on grounds relating to your particular situation (Art. 21(1) GDPR).
To the extent we process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR for direct marketing purposes, you can object to such processing at any time without giving a particular reason.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).